STUDENT NURSES' ASSOCIATION (SNA)
NURSING SCHOOL LUNGLEI NIT
SNA Nursing School Lunglei Unit was formed on 20th June 1996. Since the inception of the school, the Student Nurses' Association (SNA) has been an active and important part of the institution. The main purpose of forming the Association was to provide opportunity to the nursing students to facilitate their all round development .The Student Nurses' Association, popularly known as SNA, is a nation-wide organization of nursing students. It was established in 1929 at the time of annual conference of the TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India) in Madras. A wide variety of activities are encouraged at all levels for the SNA members, keeping in view aims and objectives of the association. The diversity of activities are derived from the professional, social, cultural and recreational spheres to strengthen curricular and extracurricular activities of the student nurses.
The aim of the SNA is to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest concerns to nursing students. Membership in SNA aids in the development of the whole person, including the professional role.
Objectives of SNA
- To uphold the dignity and honour of the nursing profession.
- To promote participation in student community affairs.
- To involve the students in intercollegiate sports and cultural activities.
- To promote collaborative relationships with various health organizations.
- To bring out the talents and confidence of the students for the upliftment of self and society.
- To inculcate the value of espirit de corps.
- To develop leadership abilities among the students.
- To improve the students social contacts to enhance professional growth.
Activities of SNA NURSING SCHOOL LUNGEI UNIT
- Organizing annual sports which include a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Takes part in national biennial SNA meets
- Takes active part in annual state SNA meet
- The student body has a talented choir named 'NSL CHOIR' and dance crew named 'NSL DANCE CREW' whose members actively participate in different functions and ceremonies.
- Organizing cleanliness drive at the campus and nearby vicinities
- Organizes blood donation drive among the students on special days such as Valentine's day, ENF day and Nurses Day and as needed by the patient and Blood Bank.
- Organizing observance of important events like Teacher’s day, Freshers' Social, Farewell programs for outgoing students, Advance Christmas programs etc.
- Takes active part in observance of important days like World AIDS Day, No Tobacco Day, ENF Day, Nurses Day, etc
- Fund raising activities.
- Student representatives are appointed as members of anti ragging committee.
- Students participated actively in Red Ribbon Club (Awareness on HIV/AIDS)